Tuesday 14 February 2012

How I paint Blood Angels - Stage 1

Hi all,

First of all, you will note that the title of this tutorial is "How I paint Blood Angels" not how to paint blood angels.


This is my take on the blood red scheme and which was kindly taught to me by a very very good painter (silver demon winner :)).

The products you will need if you want to follow this tutorial are as follows:

Halfords Grey Primer
GW Scorched Brown
GW Scab Rad
GW Blood Red


Stage 1


Assemble the model, remove flash and model lines and undercoat the model with Halfords Grey Primer. Personally, I prefer the finish this primer gives you and really does in my opinion make the final colours stand out.

Here's a pic of the first stage finished:


Once primer has dried then start with a thin layer of scorched brown, ratio of mix would be 1:3 scorched brown/water. This is just a bit thicker that a wash but gives a lovely base to start building up the red.

Here's 5 termies all finished to stage 1



Stage 2 to follow soon.... watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment